Air and Earth Yoga Retreat Day (14 Nov 2020)
YOGA RETREAT DAY
AIR and EARTH: 14 November 2020
Easton Village Hall, near Winchester, Hampshire SO21 1EN
This yoga retreat day combines yoga, mindful walking, and life coaching. It is designed to help you connect with your body, mind and soul, and revive you at many levels as a human being. Take a break from your busy life to relax in beautiful green Hampshire.
The River Itchen
The day will consist of two yoga sessions (90 minutes each), a mindful walk where we will connect with nature by the Itchen River, a delicious vegetarian lunch, and a life coaching session.
The morning yoga class is designed around the natural element of AIR, which will be a vinyasa flow class, focusing on opening the heart and throat chakra.
The afternoon yoga class will focus on the natural element of EARTH, which will be a yin yoga class, focusing on grounding in the base chakras.
The classes are suitable for all levels.
| Programme: Saturday 14 November 2020
|10:00-10:15||Introduction||Settle in and introduction
|10:15-11:45||The element of AIR – Vinyasa Flow Yoga
|“I am opening to…”
Flowing sequences with heart and throat openers and balances
|11:45-12:00||Tea and cake||Relax with a tea and delicious home-made cake
|12:00-13:00||Mindful Walk||Silent loop walk through Easton Village, stopping for a meditation on bridge over the River Itchen (bring walking shoes and suitable clothing for all weather)
|13:00-14:00||Lunch||Home-cooked veggie lunch
|14:00-14:30||Life coaching session||Guided life coaching session to help you reflect on your life
|14:30-16:00||The Element of Earth – Yin Yoga
|“I am grounding to…”
Gentle relaxing yin/restorative yoga to soften, ground and slow down
YOGA TEACHER: Sherin Shefik
Sherin has been practicing yoga regularly for over 18 years, and teaching vinyasa flow and yin yoga for over eight years. She has hosted nine residential yoga retreats.
She mainly teaches vinyasa flow and yin yoga, but incorporates other styles of yoga too, such as restorative and hatha yoga. She teaches classes from the heart, combining flowing yang sections with gentle yin and restorative sections to encourage a deep sense of relaxation and nurturing self-care. She loves to incorporate poetry, positive affirmations, oracle cards, and healing chakra energy. Classes are adapted to suit the experience and mood of the participants, but all classes are suitable for all levels. Sherin always encourages students to connect to the wisdom of their own body and listen…
Yoga is one of Sherin’s greatest joys, which is connected to her love of the creative arts, nature, poetry, mindfulness, animals, philosophy, Shakti (feminine uprising), spirituality, and the cosmic universe.
- Address: Easton Village Hall, Chapel Lane, Easton, Winchester, Hampshire, SO21 1EN.
- By car: Just type in the address or postcode (SO21 1EN) into google maps. It is a relatively simple journey from London – about 1.5 hours – and mostly on motorways.
- Parking: There is free easy parking outside Easton Village Hall. All cars should fit into the car park, but if not, feel free to double park and block another car in, as we will be the only people using the venue, and you will all leave at the same time. Alternatively, two minutes further down the road, where the Cricketer’s Inn pub is, there is ample off-side free parking.
- By train: There are many regular trains into Winchester. If you are travelling from London, you will travel from London Waterloo Station and arrive at Winchester train station within approx one hour. There are always plenty of taxis outside Winchester train station, so you can just jump straight into a taxi to Easton Village Hall. The price of the taxi will be about £10-£11. For the return journey (from the venue to the station), I recommend booking a taxi with Winchester Taxis (01962 626262), and the price is the same (about £10-11).
- Easton Village Hall occupies a beautiful site in the centre of Easton village adjacent to the cricket pitch. The yoga studio is a modern, spacious and clean space, with high ceilings, plenty of light and a view overlooking open green countryside.
- Easton village is located within the Itchen Valley in Hampshire, four miles east of Winchester.
- There are two great village pubs located within a few minutes walk: The Cricketers Inn and Chestnut Horse.
- Easton village has beautiful clear rivers, which you will see on the mindful loop walk.
TURN IT INTO A WEEKEND
Why not stay over in Winchester and make the yoga retreat day into a weekend retreat…? Winchester is a lovely small city with beautiful shops and farmers market, a famous cathedral, lots of wonderful places to eat, stunning green walks and clean flowing rivers…
Food: There are two great village pubs located within a few minutes walk of the yoga retreat venue in Easton: The Cricketers Inn and Chestnut Horse. In central Winchester, the Wykeham Arms, Forte Kitchen and The Ivy are all popular, but there are dozens of smaller cafes and restaurants to choose from. If you really want to treat yourself, you could book Sunday lunch is the Black Rat. It’s totally delicious (aka Michelin star) but reasonably affordable with a 3-course meal for under £30. You would need to book this in advance to get a table.
Walks: There are so many beautiful walks around Easton and Winchester. Some examples can be found here:
Places to stay: There are lots of great places to stay in and around Winchester. The best sites are Air BnB and Booking.com, but I have done some research too in case helpful:
- The Cricketer’s Inn, Easton, Winchester – local pub in Easton village– 2 mins walk from the yoga retreat venue – prices normally around £80 for a double
- The Black Hole – amazing old pub/restaurant in Winchester – 8 minute drive from yoga retreat venue – prices around £110 for a double
- Hannah’s Boutique B&B, Winchester – super cool B&B – 10 minutes drive from yoga retreat venue – prices around £110 for a double
- 10 St james villas, Winchester – 12 minutes drive from yoga retreat venue – prices around £100 for a double
- Cathedral Cottage B&B, Winchester – 7 minutes drive from yoga retreat venue – prices around £90 for a double
- No 5 Bridge Street Inn, Winchester – 7 minutes drive from yoga retreat venue – prices around £130 for a double
- Morn Hill Caravan and Motorhome Club – If you have got a tent or a caravan/motorhome, you can stay in the lovely nearby campsite (situated between Easton and Winchester)
The yoga retreat days are all Covid19 safe, and the following measures will be in place:
- The retreat venue will be deep cleaned and fully ventilated before and after use.
- I have restricted the number of attendees so there will be plenty of space between each mat.
- Please bring your own yoga mat if you have one. If you don’t have your own mat, you can borrow one of mine. I will bring some spare mats and they will all be properly sanitised.
- Please bring your own blanket and any other props you like (e.g. block, belt) if you own them. If you don’t have your own blanket or props, you can borrow mine. I will ensure that all blankets and props are properly cleaned before and after your use.
- There will be a one way system through the corridors. Hand sanitiser will be available in numerous locations around the venue, and there will be plenty of soap in the bathroom for washing hands. Restricted access to two people in each bathroom at a time.
- I will not do any hands-on adjustments.
- We will not be able to share a buffet lunch. Lunch will instead to served on individual plates and we can spread out to eat.
Feedback from the last yoga retreat day at Easton Village Hall:
- Yoga classes: average score 10/10
- Creative session: average score 9/10
- Food/drink: average score 10/10
- Venue: average score 10/10
- Overall enjoyment: average score 10/10
“Very knowledgable yoga teaching at the right pace and tempo for all abilities. Amazing home-made food and so much of it. Great venue and lovely view while practising yoga. Super generous host. A really great way to spend a Sunday.”
“Amazing day. Yoga was easily a 10/10. The food was delicious. The venue was perfect. Lovely quiet walk. Beautiful view out the window. Would def come again.”
“Loved the yoga themes. Feeling very relaxed after yin yoga. I enjoyed the creative session – loved the poems chosen. Gorgeous wonderful food. Peaceful area. Loved it.”
“Honestly, I loved everything about today. The venue with the view was really nice.”
“I loved the balance of vinyasa and yin, and that they worked for all abilities. I really enjoyed the poetry session, and loved the timed writing session. Great venue. So lovely to have all the natural light and the view. A really great day. Really hope I can come again some time.”
“The walk is incredible and the venue is light and airy.”
“Fresh and tasty food. Everything was very tasty.”
“Thank you so much for a very relaxing day. Loved Water Yin Yoga and the area is beautiful.”
“Really informative yoga teaching, as well as mindful and relaxing.”
From 10:00 until 16:00, including lunch, the cost is £60.
Please pay £60 via the shop of this website and then email me on firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that you have booked. Alternatively book with Eventbrite (please note that Eventbrite charge an extra admin fee per ticket).
Please feel free to call/text me on 07976606696 to discuss or ask any questions.
I look forward to meeting you… 🙂
You Tube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-uBaXXIivDi_zbaOGsSOqA