Four Part Connection Yoga Retreat 2021
FOUR PART CONNECTION YOGA RETREAT
Connection to Self, Others, Animals and Mother Nature:
Connection to Self | 14 February 2021 | 10:00-16:00
Connection to Others | 14 March 2021 | 10:00-16:00
Connection to Animals | 11 April 2021 | 10:00-16:00
Connection to Mother Nature | 16 May 2021 | 10:00-16:00
Venue: Easton Village Hall, near Winchester
That deep longing that is within us, if you dig deep enough to reveal it, is the longing for connection. I believe that the longing for connection has four parts: connection to self, others, animals and Mother Nature. During this yoga retreat, which is spread out over four days across four months, I will show you that the life-long pursuit for connection is what makes one’s existence meaningful…
Participating in all four days will be a holistic and powerful all of body, mind and spirit revival that will enable you to slow down, re-connect, raise your vibrations, and revert to your natural state of awakened consciousness, love and light.
My intention is that by the end of the four-part yoga retreat, you will have been reminded that the life-long pursuit for connection is a beautiful and fulfilling life, which makes every struggle worthwhile.
Each of the four days will combine vinyasa and yin yoga, mindful nature walking, home-cooked veggie lunch, and some form of life coaching, creative exercise or nature/animal adventure.
Click HERE for full programme for each day. See below for summary of each day:
Connection to Self | 14 February 2021 | 10:00-16:00 | Easton Village Hall
This yoga retreat day consists of a Valentine’s vinyasa yoga class, sacred journaling prompts, nature walk in self-love, date lunch with yourself, explorative coaching session on ‘who you are’, and a luxurious melting heart yin yoga class to finish.
Connection to Others | 14 March 2021 | 10:00-16:00 | Easton Village Hall
This yoga retreat day consists of a vinyasa flow yoga class to help stimulate authentic communication with others, gratitude letter writing, nature walk in empathy and compassion, home-made veggie lunch, deep listening exercise, and a nurturing loving kindness yin yoga class to finish.
Connection to Animals | 11 April 2021 | 10:00-16:00 | Easton Village Hall
This yoga retreat day consists of an animal vinyasa flow yoga class, spirit animal cards, lunch with furry guest appearances from famous cat (@diplomog) and gorgeous puppy, a creative writing session where you will be the voice for the voiceless, and a relaxing animal yin yoga class which will finish with a meditation to hold a protective space for animals in need of our love and support.
Connection to Mother Nature | 16 May 2021 | 10:00-16:00 | Easton Village Hall
This yoga retreat day consists of a soulful tree vinyasa yoga class, silent walk to a beautiful sleeping tree by the River Itchen for a home-made picnic lunch, exercises to help you connect deeply to Mother Nature’s creations, and an earth energy yin yoga class focusing on grounding to the earth and the abundance of the Great Mother.
YOGA TEACHER: Sherin Shefik
Sherin has been practicing yoga regularly for over 18 years, and teaching vinyasa flow and yin yoga for over eight years. She has hosted ten residential yoga retreats.
She mainly teaches vinyasa flow and yin yoga, but incorporates other styles of yoga too, such as restorative and hatha yoga. She teaches classes from the heart, combining flowing yang sections with gentle yin and restorative sections to encourage a deep sense of relaxation and nurturing self-care. She loves to incorporate poetry, positive affirmations, and healing chakra energy. Classes are adapted to suit the experience and mood of the participants, but all classes are suitable for all levels. Sherin always encourages students to connect to the wisdom of their own body and listen…
Yoga is one of Sherin’s greatest joys, which is connected to her love of the creative arts, nature, poetry, mindfulness, animals, philosophy, Shakti (feminine uprising), spirituality, and the cosmic universe.
- Address: Easton Village Hall, Chapel Lane, Easton, Winchester, Hampshire, SO21 1EN.
- By car: Just type in the address or postcode (SO21 1EN) into google maps. It is a relatively simple journey from London – about 1.5 hours – and mostly on motorways.
- Parking: There is free easy parking outside Easton Village Hall. All cars should fit into the car park, but if not, feel free to double park and block another car in, as we will be the only people using the venue, and you will all leave at the same time. Alternatively, two minutes further down the road, where the Cricketer’s Inn pub is, there is ample off-side free parking.
- By train: There are many regular trains into Winchester. If you are travelling from London, you will travel from London Waterloo Station and arrive at Winchester train station within approx one hour. There are always plenty of taxis outside Winchester train station, so you can just jump straight into a taxi to Easton Village Hall. The price of the taxi will be about £10-£11. For the return journey (from the venue to the station), I recommend booking a taxi with Winchester Taxis (01962 626262), and the price is the same (about £10-11).
- Easton Village Hall occupies a beautiful site in the centre of Easton village adjacent to the cricket pitch. The yoga studio is a modern, spacious and clean space, with high ceilings, plenty of light and a view overlooking open green countryside.
- Easton village is located within the Itchen Valley in Hampshire, four miles east of Winchester.
- There are two great village pubs located within a few minutes walk: The Cricketers Inn and Chestnut Horse.
- Easton village has beautiful clear rivers, which you will see on the nature walks.
TURN IT INTO A WEEKEND
Why not stay over in Winchester and make the yoga retreat day into a weekend retreat…? Winchester is a lovely small city with beautiful shops and farmers market, a famous cathedral, lots of wonderful places to eat, stunning green walks and clean flowing rivers…
Food: There are two great village pubs located within a few minutes walk of the yoga retreat venue in Easton: The Cricketers Inn and Chestnut Horse. In central Winchester, the Wykeham Arms, Forte Kitchen and The Ivy are all popular, but there are dozens of smaller cafes and restaurants to choose from. If you really want to treat yourself, you could book Sunday lunch is the Black Rat. It’s totally delicious (aka Michelin star) but reasonably affordable with a 3-course meal for under £30. You would need to book this in advance to get a table.
Walks: There are so many beautiful walks around Easton and Winchester. Some examples can be found here:
Places to stay: There are lots of great places to stay in and around Winchester. The best sites are Air BnB and Booking.com, but I have done some research too in case helpful:
- The Cricketer’s Inn, Easton, Winchester – local pub in Easton village– 2 mins walk from the yoga retreat venue – prices normally around £80 for a double
- The Black Hole – amazing old pub/restaurant in Winchester – 8 minute drive from yoga retreat venue – prices around £110 for a double
- Hannah’s Boutique B&B, Winchester – super cool B&B – 10 minutes drive from yoga retreat venue – prices around £110 for a double
- 10 St james villas, Winchester – 12 minutes drive from yoga retreat venue – prices around £100 for a double
- Cathedral Cottage B&B, Winchester – 7 minutes drive from yoga retreat venue – prices around £90 for a double
- No 5 Bridge Street Inn, Winchester – 7 minutes drive from yoga retreat venue – prices around £130 for a double
- Morn Hill Caravan and Motorhome Club – If you have got a tent or a caravan/motorhome, you can stay in the lovely nearby campsite (situated between Easton and Winchester)
The yoga retreat days are all Covid19 safe, and the following measures will be in place:
- The retreat venue will be deep cleaned and fully ventilated before and after use.
- I have restricted the number of attendees so there will be plenty of space between each mat.
- Please bring your own yoga mat if you have one. If you don’t have your own mat, you can borrow one of mine. I will bring some spare mats and they will all be properly sanitised.
- Please bring your own blanket and any other props you like (e.g. block, belt) if you own them. If you don’t have your own blanket or props, you can borrow mine. I will ensure that all blankets and props are properly cleaned before and after your use.
- There will be a one way system through the corridors. Hand sanitiser will be available in numerous locations around the venue, and there will be plenty of soap in the bathroom for washing hands. Restricted access to two people in each bathroom at a time.
- I will not do any hands-on adjustments.
- We will not be able to share a buffet lunch. Lunch will instead to served on individual plates or bagged packed lunches and we will spread out to eat.
Feedback from the last yoga retreat day at Easton Village Hall:
- Yoga classes: average score 10/10
- Creative session: average score 9/10
- Food/drink: average score 10/10
- Venue: average score 10/10
- Overall enjoyment: average score 10/10
“Very knowledgable yoga teaching at the right pace and tempo for all abilities. Amazing home-made food and so much of it. Great venue and lovely view while practising yoga. Super generous host. A really great way to spend a Sunday.”
“Amazing day. Yoga was easily a 10/10. The food was delicious. The venue was perfect. Lovely quiet walk. Beautiful view out the window. Would def come again.”
“Loved the yoga themes. Feeling very relaxed after yin yoga. I enjoyed the creative session – loved the poems chosen. Gorgeous wonderful food. Peaceful area. Loved it.”
“Honestly, I loved everything about today. The venue with the view was really nice.”
“I loved the balance of vinyasa and yin, and that they worked for all abilities. I really enjoyed the poetry session, and loved the timed writing session. Great venue. So lovely to have all the natural light and the view. A really great day. Really hope I can come again some time.”
“The walk is incredible and the venue is light and airy.”
“Fresh and tasty food. Everything was very tasty.”
“Thank you so much for a very relaxing day. Loved Water Yin Yoga and the area is beautiful.”
“Really informative yoga teaching, as well as mindful and relaxing.”
For all four yoga retreat days (each are from 10:00 until 16:00 and each include lunch): the cost is £240.
Please pay £240 via the shop of this website and then email me on firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that you have booked. Alternatively book with Eventbrite (please note that Eventbrite charge an extra admin fee per ticket).
Please feel free to call/text me on 07976606696 to discuss or ask any questions.
I look forward to meeting you… 🙂
You Tube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-uBaXXIivDi_zbaOGsSOqA